Behrent Engineering was contracted to provide engineering and design services for Facility Improvement Measures (FIMs) at a Correctional Facility in Canon City, Colorado. The Design Documents and Construction Documents were prepared by Behrent in accordance with the Facility Improvement Measure design requirements. The FIMs were defined as:
- Boiler Replacement of 2 Existing Steam Boilers in the CTCF Boiler House
- Boiler House High Efficiency Domestic Hot Water Heaters
- Central High Efficiency Domestic Hot Water Heaters
- Kitchen Natural Gas Steam Generator
- Heat Pump Replacement
The engineering and design services that Behrent provided to support the FIMs were as follows:
- Combustion air calculations and combustion vent sizing.
- Steam load review.
- Equipment sizing and verification.
- Code and compliance review.
- Equipment exhaust stack design.
- General Arrangement Plans, Sections, and Details for each FIM showing equipment layouts and tie-in points.
- Natural gas line(s) sizing, specification, and routing.
- Domestic hot water line size verification and routing.
- Foundation pad(s) design and specification.
- Electrical Plan Views / Scope of Work Drawings
- Electrical One Line Diagrams
- Electrical Panel Schedules