Behrent Engineering was contracted to provide engineering and design services to help relocate a Ready Mixed Concrete Batch Plant to a location in Denver, Colorado. The new batch plant building houses a ready mix concrete central mix plant consisting of aggregate storage bins, a handling system, steel bins for cement storage, drum mixer, electrical equipment, water boiler, water chiller, admixture tanks, and other auxiliary systems. There is also an attached pre‐fabricated Control Room.
Behrent was the Engineer of Record for this project. They provided civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and controls engineering services. Behrent worked closely with the client from the beginning of the project and provided:
- Preliminary site layouts
- Process flow diagrams
- General arrangement drawings through final design of the reclaim tunnel, electrical and mechanical buildings, batch plant foundations and site lighting.
- Field observation reports during construction
- Final commissioning support
- Hiring of an architect for the tenant improvement design of two existing buildings on the site
- Structural, mechanical and electrical engineering for the existing buildings
- Coordination with municipalities including Adams County, Denver Water and Xcel Energy.