Behrent Engineering was contracted by a major cement manufacturer to provide engineering and design services for the take-up associated with belt conveyor 331-BC at their cement plant located in Florence, Colorado. The design was to add steel platforms around the existing take-up weight box and add a hoist beam to lift the take-up box. Behrent provided the following engineering and design services:
- A 3D laser scan of the area was performed to create accurate drawings of the existing conditions.
- A 3D model was created.
- Designed the locations of the access platforms.
- Provided the design drawings and details for the steel framing and concrete foundations.
- Provided details for a hoist beam located at the top of the platform support tower that could hoist up the counter weight and take the load off of the conveyor belt.
- Provided details on framing off of the existing steel conveyor support bent.
- Provided specifications for procurement of a new hoist.