Behrent Engineering was contracted to provide engineering and design services for the Greencastle, Indiana cement plant expansion project. This project included a semi-dry conversion to 4000 STPD and a 5000 HP wet raw mill.
Behrent provided engineering design and construction support, including mechanical, structural and electrical engineering. The construction support required a full time engineer to be on-site during construction and monthly site visits by lead discipline engineers.
Behrent was responsible for the following engineering and design services:
- Detailing the plant air, water and fuel piping systems
- Power system design
- Designing the belt conveyor foundations
- Structural design of the preheater tower
- CAD drawings of the preheater structure
- Preheater tower designed for a future 5 stage dry system
- Design drawings for nuisance ductwork from the dust collection pickup points, to the dust collector.
- Design of the supports for the ducts and the ductwork between the dust collector and the dust collector fan.