Behrent Engineering was contracted to provide the engineering services necessary to replace one of three existing power supplies serving three glass melters at a manufacturing facility in McPherson, Kansas.
Behrent Engineering provided the engineering and design services as follows:
- Assembled electrical demolition package for the removal of the existing Robicon SCR Power Supply as well as the Melter Electrode Copper Bus and locomotive cables.
- Prepared plant 1-line diagrams
- Prepared plant electrical SKM software model
- Provided an Arc-Flash study
- Produced Time-Current Coordination (TCC) curves for protective devices
- Provided revised electrical plan drawings.
- Evaluated existing steel structure for final placement of Varivolt transformer and MV contactor
- Evaluated existing steel structure to design a transport path for the Varivolt transformer.
- Developed structural scope of work for removal of existing Robicon SCR Power Supply Unit.
- Designed secondary containment area and fenced enclosure for new Varivolt transformer.
- Analyzed existing structure and designed new cable tray supports.