Behrent Engineering was contracted to perform engineering, design and project management services for a large cement plant modernization project located in Miami, Florida. The engineering services included civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, piping, electrical, instrumentation systems, and project management.
CIVIL ENGINEERING -
- Provided detailed design and engineering for site preparation, grading, paved roads, gravel roads, site drainage, settling ponds, underground piping, and modification of existing rail tracks.
- Provided the design of concrete foundations, piles, caissons, floors, elevated concrete, walls, bunkers and masonry block work
STRUCTURAL STEEL ENGINEERING –
- Provided detailed design and engineering for structural steel framing, duct supports, platforms, walkways, stairways, handrails, ladders, hoist beams, and framing for siding & roofing.
ARCHITECTURAL ENGINEERING -
- Provided detailed design and architectural engineering for the electrical rooms, the control building and mechanical rooms housing pumps, compressors and hydraulic equipment usually associated with spray conditioning systems, operating air compressors and roller mill hydraulic systems.
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING and PIPING-
- Provided detailed design and engineering for plant air, cooling water, process water, hydraulic lines, lube lines, pneumatic coal & cement lines, and airslide aeration
- Provided detailed drawings for process ducts, chutes, dust ducts, bins and hoppers, diverter gates and details for tie-ins to existing.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING –
- Provided detailed engineering services to support the installation of the electrical and instrumentation systems.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT –
- Provided full time project engineers as needed to execute the work according to the project schedule. This included coordination with the general contractor, subcontractors, equipment suppliers and steel fabricators.