The existing concrete cement loadout silos 21, 22, 23 and 24 needed a loadout system upgrade to allow each silo to be dedicated to a specific product for truck loading. Behrent Engineering was contracted to perform the necessary engineering and design services for the cement plant located in Oro Grande, California.
Behrent was responsible for the following engineering and design services:
- Developed a 3D CAD model of existing conditions at Silos 21, 22, 23, 24 (silos, truck scale(s), discharge cones, discharge valves, discharge airslides, platforms).
- Developed a conceptual model of new truck loadout system (flat bottom bins, airslides, gates, dual direction positioners, loading spouts).
- Developed a new Process Flow Diagram for conceptual design of new loadout system
- Determined power requirements for loadout system
- Determined utility (air) requirements for loadout system
- Determined capacity and venting requirements of existing dust collectors
- Provided all drawings (plans, elevations, sections) for this project.