Behrent Engineering was contracted to provide the engineering and design services necessary to add a cyclone to the train #2 sodium bicarbonate drying circuit at a Sodium Bicarbonate Plant in Rifle, Colorado..
Behrent Engineering provided the following services for this project:
- Reviewed the existing flash dryer system drawings
- Reviewed the existing flash dryer system equipment specification sheets
- Modeled the existing dryer system to determine its present operation parameters
- Sized and selected a new cyclone
- Modeled the dryer system with the addition of a cyclone and determined operating parameters
- Checked existing dry system equipment performances and determined adequacy with the addition of a cyclone
- Provided a 3D laser scan of the existing flash dryer system to obtain a point cloud that was turned into an AutoCAD 3D model of the ductwork, equipment and support steel.
- Prepared general arrangement drawings between the outlet of the flash dryer, showing the addition of a cyclone and the ductwork, to the two inlets into the baghouse. Also provided the drawings for the outlet of the cyclone with rotatory feeder and the discharge ductwork down into product screw conveyor.
- Prepared structural drawings for support of the cyclone from the existing steel framing
- Prepared ductwork drawings for the required modifications
- Prepared a revised P&ID drawing showing the addition of the cyclone into the flash dryer system